Please carefully review the information in this email regarding the upcoming TWU Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog edit process.
On Monday, February 19, the TWU online catalog management system (CAT) will open for your 2018-2019 Undergraduate and Graduate Catalog edits! Deadline for edits and approval by components is Friday, March 30, 2018 (see complete catalog calendar below.) This is a firm deadline in order to have the catalogs ready for release prior to TWU’s scheduled orientations later this spring.
The TWU CAT system takes the TWU catalog and update process online, consolidating efforts into an easy, browser- based solution. Additionally, the approval of edits is automated with integrated online workflows and notifications.
Publication Timeline: 2018-19 Catalogs
|Friday, February 2, 2018||Curriculum Committee concludes|
|February 5-16, 2018||Catalog Preparation & Course Data into Colleague|
|Monday, February 19, 2018||Open catalogs for edits & approval by all components|
|Monday, March 12 – Friday, March 16, 2018||Spring Break|
|Friday March 30, 2018||Catalog closed to general edits|
|April 2-13, 2018||Deans review & approve Academic Component programs|
|April 16-27, 2018||Undergraduate Studies & Graduate School review & approve catalogs|
|April 30-May 4, 2018||University final review of catalog|
|May 6-10, 2018||OEVP prepares catalogs for vendor|
|May 11-18, 2018||Vendor works on catalogs|
|Monday, May 21, 2018||Catalog goes live|
Notification of Catalog Pages Awaiting Edits/Approval
To facilitate ease of the Undergraduate and Graduate Catalogs edit/approval process, individuals in workflow responsible for edits or approving edits will receive an email notification when a page is ready for their edits/approval. The email will contain a link that will take the responsible individual to a central console known as the Pages Pending Approval window, where all the pages currently awaiting their edits/approval will be displayed.
Training/refresher classes will be available February 19-23. Seating is limited, so please sign up to ensure a space by visiting: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0E4CABAA28A1F85-twuonline2. New catalog editors MUST complete a training class before their catalog pages will be released for edits. Those who wish to take a refresher training class are welcome to sign up as well. Administrators who are approving catalog content may arrange one-on-one training with Scott Martin (contact info below).
Changes to Degree Plans
Any substantive change to a degree plan must have been previously approved by Undergraduate Studies or the Graduate School. We strongly encourage you to contact the appropriate content manager below if you have questions regarding proposed changes to degree plans.
Undergraduate Degree Plan Pages
Be advised that we have restructured each undergraduate degree plan page in the catalog to include two tabs. Please do not forget that you must review and make changes to all Tabs on a page prior to sending a page further up workflow. The “Overview” tab covers information previously found on the traditional “Side-by-Side” degree plans submitted to Undergraduate Studies. Undergraduate Studies may have added any missing information to this “Overview” tab. The “Plan of Study” tab now contains the 4-year recommended sequence of courses to complete the degree plan. You may note significant red and green markups on these pages and tabs due to the additions, restructuring, and reformatting. Remember that you can see changes made by each level in the workflow by changing the View Changes By or review the page in its final state by selecting Hide/Show Changes.
The Inclusion of Pictures
As part of our ongoing initiative to improve and make our catalog more engaging for students, we are now working with Marketing on the inclusion of images in the catalog. We encourage divisions to submit pictures; please follow the picture guidelines. If images are not submitted by the component, Marketing will select images from the TWU image archives, if appropriate images are available.
Things to Remember
- Please use either a Firefox or Chrome browser to log into the system and make edits or approve changes. Contact the Service Desk at x81-3971 If you need Firefox or Chrome installed on your TWU computer.
- The organization and formatting of the catalogs have been uniformly developed. Please do not change the formatting already present in headers or on the pages. If you think a formatting change is needed, please contact the appropriate content support staff below.
- The catalogs are the location that much of our official information for students is centralized. Please make sure that all information for which your division is responsible is current and accurate. As part of the migration to the new T4 web platform, some information previously housed on individual TWU webpages has been removed, and students are redirected to the catalog with links.
- The catalog is a digital environment. Therefore, you are no longer limited due to space allotment or printing costs. Please provide comprehensive information in the catalogs as needed.
- Don’t forget to make changes or review all Tabs on a catalog page before sending the page through workflow.
- Course descriptions are inserted into the catalog directly from our Student Information System. All course information changes must be approved by the Curriculum Committee or OEVP. Please double-check all course information in the “Courses” tab on your main program catalog page (if applicable) and notify Scott Martin with any course information that needs to be corrected.
- Faculty information is entered manually by OEVP. Please check all faculty information on the “Faculty” tab on your main program catalog page (if applicable) and notify Scott Martin with any faculty information that needs to be changed. He will review the faculty member’s official credentials and make the necessary corrections.
Should you have questions about the catalogs, please contact:
(system, workflow, & tools)
Academic Affairs Specialist
Director, Transfer & Compliance
|Dr. Ruth Johnson
Associate Dean of the Graduate School
We thank you for your thoughtful input into the catalogs that support our students, faculty, and administration!